Wednesday, December 15, 2010

If you combined the IQ of all the chipmunks and Snoopy, you'd still be in the negatives.



I'd like to end this on a good note so I'll start with what I hate about Christmas.

  1. I hate the Chipmunks. I hate them. I cannot stand their dumb song. Every time I hear this song I see red and want to immediately rip apart whatever sound system blasts this infernal racket and eat (that's right I said EAT) it. I want to become a technovore and feast on the innards of the stereo that dared to play this song.
  2. I hate the Peanuts Christmas. I know its some sort of time honored tradition but, why? Think for a second. Honestly. The Peanuts are NOT funny. Not even a little. Even Snoopy is pretty much retarded. They are NOT cute. I challenge you to watch the Peanuts Christmas and you show me ONE part that's funny or cute. Soon you'll realize, like me, that it's not. I not only don't understand why they are popular, I can't even figure out why they were created.
  3. I hate people constantly complaining about the "over-commercialization" of Christmas and how no one gets the point anymore and blah, blah, blah. I'm not saying that I don't agree just that constantly pounding people over the heads with that and guilt tripping people really won't help anything. A wise man once said "Don't tear down a man's house. Build him a better one and invite him to move in". So, let's remember the "reason for the season" but try not to be a douche about it.

There are somethings (most things!) I love about Christmas :

  1. I love Christmas music. I don't know if it's because it's music about the birth of the Savior of the world or because of my love for Christmas itself but I LOVE Christmas music. Some of those songs come on and just make me happy. It's sappy, I know, but some of that I'm just a sucker for. When I was on my mission in Montana we were only to listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir for music however when Christmas time came the doors flew open and if it was Christmas it was okay(There's something real special about listening to the PussyCat Dolls sing 'Santa Baby'). I listened to Christmas Music from November all the way through April and I only stopped because my current companion was threatening to murder me in my sleep. It'll be weird to not have a White Christmas this year since I'm not in Montana.
  2. I love Christmas lights. Seeing a house all decked out and glowing like the fourth of July... Few things in this world make me happier. When I had a cubicle at a miserable pile of filth called "CrossCheck" I put up Christmas lights all around my cubicle. Just seeing those lights made me happier and feel like I was in a better place. Which is pretty much any place but that job.
  3. I love "It's a Wonderful Life". Unfortunately, I just found this movie. I say unfortunately because that means I have almost 29 years of catching up to do with George Bailey, Clarence and the gang. I don't even think this movie is good as "an old movie". I think it's fresh enough to stand on its own against movies today. It's that good.
  4. I love that so many people from so many places are taking time to honor the birth of the Savior of all Mankind. Whether they even know him in anyway (or even mean to) they are. I feel that everyone who celebrates Christmas – even if they know nothing of Christ and traditions have nothing to do with Him – are, in their own way, honoring Jesus Christ. They might even know it. How often though, do people feel the influence of the Light of Christ and not recognize it? Each time someones heart is softened and they are a little nicer, a little more charitable just because it's "that time of year" they are honoring our savior at the time we remember his birth.

I love Christmas. I love the lights. I love the music. I love the feeling. I love the attitude. I love the giving. I love the getting. I love everything about it. By far this is my favorite time of year. I am so grateful that our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ was born into this world to save all those who would accept and follow him. He loves us all and I love him, too.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. You definitely have a way with words Untiedt!! You should write a book :)
    Merry (almost) Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete